Sunday, July 11, 2010

An Unlikely Source


So the Stone Pony hasn't had many hardcore shows since the debacle that was the Gorilla Biscuits reunion show, and part of me can't really blame them. While that was an amazing night, the venue suffered the brunt of all the completely unchecked enthusiasm, and I wouldn't of had it any other way. I'm undeniably skeptical of this show but all of me really wants to believe this is going to be a completely blockbuster, wildly entertaining evening. Either way, Underdog is playing, so whatever I've said is pretty much irrelevant. Go to this show.

7/31/10 @ The Stony Pony in Asbury Park, NJ
Underdog - OG 1980's NYHC
Cold World - Wilkes Barre HC
OS101 - NJ old school hc punk
Darouge - NJ dudes playing something
Night Birds - surf punk and hc blend from NJ